Monday, February 6, 2012

Living With Roommates...

Like I said in my previous post I just graduated from college, and stayed in St. George. One of the hardest things is not living with my family; however, I have 3 girls that I live with that I consider my family. They are the greatest roommates a girl could ask for. Hay, Whit, and Kat are awesome girls. If you don’t know them…I’m sorry. You should get to know them. I’m super lucky to know them, and live with them. I thought I would tell you a little bit about how great they are, and maybe a funny story.
We first have the baby of the household, Kat. I can’t forget to mention TJ…Kat’s fiancĂ©e. Let me tell you that they are perfect for each other. They are an awesome couple, and I have enjoyed getting to know both of the more every day. Kat is one of THE nicest, funniest, and the most loveable girl you will ever meet. I have found that me and Kat are a lot alike in the past month that we have lived together. We know each other from playing soccer here at Dixie State together.
I really got to know her when we went to San Francisco in Fall of 2010 for a soccer trip. Whit, Kat, and I all roomed together. Let’s just mention that both Kat and Whitley were getting sick this trip. Hmmm it would make sense to make them share a bed…nope. Next thing I know me and Kat were sharing a bed. Let’s just say that I gave her a nice back massage in my sleep that night haha. This was a funny way to start to get to know each other. That trip was full of giggles, deep talks, bugging Whit (since she got her own bed the whole time), getting me sick, and most importantly the start of an awesome friendship that I am so grateful for. We have had many dance parties together. I try to battle her, but dang she can dance. This girl may not know it, but she got me through the hard times at soccer. I am so excited for her wedding on March 10th. She will be a beautiful bride, and it’s going to be an amazing party. Congrats Kat and TJ! Love you guys.
Next we have the wonderful Haley J. I have known this girl since we were ‘wee’ little girls in our awkward stages. We played soccer all growing up together. We were roommates freshman and sophomore year, and I am so glad that Whitley and I convinced her to come back this semester. I have absolutely loved having her live with us. She is outgoing, hilarious, and one sweet girl. Haley and I have shared a lot of moments together that I will always remember. Some of my favorites would be hanging by the pool, ice baths, dance parties and dance videos, hanging out all the time, going to the corn maze haha, and many many other times. However, there is one night in particular that I will never forget with this girl.
Sophomore year, Haley and I went to the apartment below us to hang out with the guys. By the end of the night it was Doi, Ammon (who at this time we just met), Haley, and me. Let’s just say that Hay and I had the giggles so bad we were rolling on the ground, and Doi thought we were literally high. We were just laughing at Whitley and her choice of the guy she liked at the time. This is the night I give myself credit for one of my funniest jokes, Haley being her funny self, cracking jokes left and right, and also a night that started the great relationship between Haley and Ammon (I absolutely love them together as well). We both know how to laugh and laugh hard. What a great night that was. I love this girl to death. I am so excited for her to graduate this next semster, and see what she does next. Watch out you better believe it will be something great.
Last we have Whitley. I have lived with this girl for 4 years. We have gotten to know each other VERY WELL. We officially met when we lived together freshman year. We had always heard about each other from a mutual friend, but had never met. Whitley is my best friend. We get mistaken for sisters a lot now-a-days, and to be honest we don’t mind. Whitley has a heart of gold and is always trying to help people and make people happy. She is one of those people that make you want to be a better person.
I honestly could tell countless stories that we have shared together. There is always the story of her not being able to know the difference between shoot and shot, and along with that her numerous moments of saying the wrong thing in the funniest situations. Her Australian accents are to die for. We always find ourselves dancing or singing in the car, laughing about something completely stupid, road tripping it, pranking, making music videos, taking tons of pics, laughing again until we are almost peeing our pants, eating food and lots of it, having countless quotes to use, making fun of each other, and just having a good time. Like I said countless stories…this girl makes me laugh all the time. I can also find myself talking to Whit about life in general and all the fun things that come with it for hours. I couldn’t ask for a better person to live with for the past 4 straight years of my life. I will always consider her one of my sisters and one of my best friends.
I love all 3 of these girls to pieces and would do anything for them. Like I said if you don’t know them…I’m sorry, because they are that great. Love you girls!






Kat and I in China Town, San Fran

Hay and I at the corn maze

Whitley's Birthday







3 comments:

  1. You might not have a sister, but you have the next best thing - 3 great roommates. You are one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freakin love you min!! this post made me so happy thinking about all the times we have had!! Don't forget about the countless blind dates i have dragged you on!! hahaha love you girl you are the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a blog now?! I'm in love with this. :)
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete