Sunday, March 4, 2012

Handicap Signs...



Walking under ladders, breaking a mirror, having a black cat cross your path, picking up a penny when it’s tails, and spilling salt have one thing in common…they all bring BAD LUCK. Ever since I can remember someone told me, “that walking over handicap signs are bad luck.” I swear every soccer team that I have grown up on lives by this rule or superstition so to speak. It’s weird when you see a team of soccer players, or people in general walking down the parking lot and all the sudden avoid a certain area. What’s even worse is when your family or friends are tackling people in the parking lot because they have caught on to your stupid superstition (Yes, my mom and brothers have done this before). Well I have always told people about this superstition, and have always believed in it heavily; however, I have never had a “bad luck” experience. I have just heard of them. Well until the other night...


So the other night Kat, TJ, Whit, Donny, and myself were walking out of Camilla’s (a café in St. George).
Donny totally walked over the handicapped sign.
This is our conversation that proceeded the “sticky” situation
Lauren: “You shouldn’t have done that.”
Donny: “Done what?”
Lauren: “Walked over the handicap sign…”
Donny: “Why is that?”
Lauren: “Well because walking over the handicap signs are bad luck, you know.”
Donny: “Well YEAH now that you said it, it’s going to be bad luck!”

Meantime we are getting in the car and Kat is frantically talking about how we need to beat the other cars back to the house. So we all are jumping in as fast as we can. Well the car starts to go and Whitley (the gimp) is halfway out of the car. Holding on with all dear might and screaming like a little girl she pulls herself to safety inside the car. As soon as this event happened I looked at Donny and said, “I told you…”
Moral of the story people is that handicap signs are dangerous. You do not want to walk over them. I have first-hand experience. And this experience could have ended in tragedy.
P.S. Kat is an excellent driver and this was not her fault haha. Love ya Kat


*Sidenote Kat is getting married in 6 days...BooYa










5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love this... reminds me of SO many summer nights from last night and the many times you or Spence made me do the "backward dance" after I'd stepped on one... Haha!
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! I've been known to push grown women out of the way! Loved the blog and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha yes love it and definitely agree!! Kat is a wonderful driver especially when trying to make a u turn!! Such a great night! Glad I survived it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea I will change my life because of this. thanks for the info Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! So glad I found your blog! Now I shall stalk you all the time :)

    ReplyDelete